I have finally rewritten this website to ASP.NET 2.0. It was really a good learning experience. You only learn it by doing it. I have tried to use the new features like:
- Themes & Skins
- Menu Controls
- SiteMap with roles and the SiteMapPath control
- GridView Control
- MultiView Control
- Login Control
- DataBinding AccessDataSource and XmlDataSource
- Sample Access Providers Starter Kit
- Role base authorization
- Web Deployment Projects
- MS Build with a AfterMerge target to deploy the website to web host
- Google Sitemaps
- CSS Friendly ASP.NET 2.0 Control Adapters (Menu)
It wasn't really difficult to do. Microsoft really kept their promise that 70% of the code could disappear. ASP.NET 2.0 rocks. I'm planning to add some extra features soon, like: WebParts, Health Monitoring, other new controls, comments on blog posts, a new stylesheet and a new logo.
Update 2006-sept-25: Added Google Sitemaps, Control Adapters and UrlRewritingNet.
Leave a Comment
All postings/content on this blog are provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confer no rights. All entries in this blog are my opinion and don't necessarily reflect the opinion of my employer or sponsors. The content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution By license.